So, why oh why have I decided to join the hoards of other Parents in the Blogsphere, whats my USP? Nervously will anyone ever actually read it? I am dyslexic, therefore my spelling and grammar will at no point be perfect. I also have a huge habit of writing like I am talking to someone over a glass of wine. I am drinking a large glass of wine whilst typing, dutch courage an all that jazz….Anyway, I digress…….so why am I actually doing this?
Well….in short, it’s an outlet. I will openly admit that I am potentially one of the most laziest parents around, that I love my mini human with all my heart. But, I have struggled to connect with the majority of parents who I find in a similar situation. Unless I actually do like you, I have friends who I adore and I do care about. However, I don’t really care about the colour of other parents darlings poop, or what they have eaten that day…I really generally, honestly don’t give a s@*t I would much rather gauge my eye out with a rusty spoon than I would listen to parents harp on about whether their off spring has rolled, clapped, eaten or if their babies blinking is some sort of extra sign of intelligence because they believe that their baby is trying to communicate with them or become the next bloody Mozart because they clapped once!! Just in case you are unsure, no they are not trying to communicate with you they are actually just blinking.
I personally feel that parents sometimes take it all a bit too seriously and don’t just sit with their child interact one on one, or just plain cuddle them. My view is my baby will not want to sit on my lap and have a cuddle when they are 18. So I take every opportunity I can to sit and just watch Netflix or surf Facebook whilst holding my baby. In my book Happy Parent = Happy Mini Human!
I had a brain before a baby, and I have a brain still be it at times unable to multi task like the dream machine it once was. But it is still there and I think that using this as an outlet could be fun….even if I am actually going to be the only person who reads it.
I plan to write about the following:
- Any normal clothing that doesn’t cost an arm, leg or kidney to purchase because it is not specifically made for nursing . Also any clothing that I think may come in handy to hide the areas we don’t like post pregnancy. I will share with you. Along with discount codes etc if I find any…..as I am on maternity leave I love to shop on a budget you never know it could come in handy!
- Lazy parenting hacks….any tips or tricks I have picked up along the way to get my little darling to sleep when I needed them to or how to not get bogged down thinking you need to do certain things when in reality you really don’t have to.
- Highlight the kitchen sink load of stuff that you do/don’t need to take to hospital when the time comes, 90% of the stuff you have and potentially won’t need…that is unless you like it and just want to take it along for giggles and kicks
- I do breastfeed my child (I wont ram this down your throat, anyway you feed your child is actually the RIGHT way)
- Where and how to save money for things you might be interested in….or not!
- Generally write stuff down even if it’s a whinge / whine whilst drinking wine to vent about my day….
I suppose I should write that Legal bit you know where this view is of my own and not anyone else’s….its an opinion that may not always be the right one blah blah blah..Not that anyone will read this.